Why Be a Member?
For a one-time fee of $50, individual members receive:
- Lifetime membership with no annual premiums,
- Part ownership in The Co-op Funeral Home of People's Memorial,
- Access to discounted rates for cremation, burial plans, alkaline hydrolysis, and natural organic reduction at our contracted funeral homes,
- A 15% discount on a complete selection of caskets, urns, and services offered by the selected funeral home,
- Discounted admission to events and classes hosted by PMA about end-of-life issues,
- Forms and tools to identify your preferences and share your wishes with your family and loved ones,
- A compassionate and trustworthy resource for all your questions about memorials, funerals, and other after-death arrangements,
- An advocate for you at both the state and federal levels,
- The gift of a planned memorial to give to your loved ones,
- A 15% discount on services at Resting Waters Aquamation: Seattle's Pet Funeral Home (Contact them directly for details and restrictions),
- NEW! You can apply for a savings account with Salal Credit Union that mimics a pay on death account. Visit this link for more information. Please be sure to choose People’s Memorial while creating your online application.
But what happens if I move? Your membership is recognized by the national Funeral Consumers Alliance (FCA). Most states have a local affiliate group similar to PMA. If you move, visit the FCA website to find a local group. That local group will honor your membership, though they may charge a $15 transfer fee. If you're a snowbird and live part time in another state, your membership is reciprocal and will be honored if death occurs in that state. If a local FCA group doesn't exist in your new state, contact the FCA main office at 802-865-8300 or https://funerals.org/contact/ for more information.
Learn more by visiting the FAQ page.