Why Be a Member?
For a one-time fee of $50, individual members receive:
- Lifetime membership with no annual premiums;
- Part ownership in The Co-op Funeral Home of People's Memorial;
- Access to discounted rates for cremation, burial plans, alkaline hydrolysis, and natural organic reduction at our contracted funeral homes;
- A 15% discount on virtual funeral services through GatheringUs and Virtual Memorial Gatherings;
- A 15% discount on a complete selection of caskets, urns, and services offered by the selected funeral home, as well as from Touch Formed Memorials who provides handcrafted ceramic urns;
- Discounted admission to events and classes hosted by PMA about end-of-life issues;
- Forms and tools to identify your preferences and share your wishes with your family and loved ones;
- A compassionate and trustworthy resource for all your questions about memorials, funerals, and other after-death arrangements;
- An advocate for you at both the state and federal levels;
- The gift of a planned memorial to give to your loved ones; and
- A 15% discount on services at Resting Waters Aquamation: Seattle's Pet Funeral Home (Contact them directly for details and restrictions).
But what happens if I move? PMA is specific to the state of Washington, but there are many memorial societies around the country. One place to look for a similar organization near your new home is the website of the national Funeral Consumers Alliance (FCA). Some of those local groups will honor your PMA membership, though they may charge a $15 transfer fee. Reach out to them directly with any questions.