Cremation Plans & Prices
People's Memorial negotiates simple and economical cremation plans at partnering funeral homes. **Please note there is special pricing for our partnering funeral home in Central Washington. These contractual prices are in effect from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2023.
78% of all Washingtonians choose cremation. Only one person is cremated at a time and items may placed in with body at the same time. The cremation process takes about 4-6 hours.
Plan 1: Direct Cremation $905
Plan 2: Direct Cremation with Private Family Viewing $1,205
Private Family Viewing (ID Viewing) without embalming for a period of up to 1 hour.
Included in Cremation Plans:
- Pick-up and transportation of the deceased member at any hour of the day or night within 30 miles of funeral home
- *The $60 PMA Board Approved Premium implemented between July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023 in response to rising gas prices and inflation
- Sheltering of remains and refrigeration
- Cremation of remains in an alternative container
- Conference with survivors for arrangements
- Procurement and filing death certificate
- Basic Plastic Urn
- Notification of social security
NOT included in these plans:
- Sales tax and county fees
- Transportation outside the 30-mile service area
- Ferry or bridge tolls
- Newspaper obituaries
- Flowers, honoraria for clergy, celebrant or musicians
- Certified copies of death certificate (funeral home will file the original and assist with ordering certified copies at cost)
- Other cash advance items
* The PMA Board of Directors and Contracts Committee has extended to our contracted funeral homes the option to add a $60 premium to the cost of any PMA Plan for cremation or burial. PMA member families may be charged this premium on funeral services provided between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023. This premium is in response to rising gas prices, inflation, and labor shortages that both our state and country are experiencing.
Additional Goods and Services Available:
- Expedited cremation fee (less than 5 working days) - $150
- Cremation witness fee (including expedited services & private family viewing) - $275
- Cremation fee (following the purchase of Plans 5 or 6 in lieu of burial) - $300
- Preparation & Facilities for ID viewing of unembalmed body (Plans 3, 4) - $300
- Scatter Cremated Remains in Puget Sound (if offered) - $150
- Saturday/holiday service fee - $350
- Evening service fee - $200
- Plus-size removal, cremation or burial per each 100 lbs or fraction over 300 lbs. - $300
- Procession and/or graveside service following Plan 5 or 6 (does not include cost of motorcycle escort) - $400
- Transportation requiring 1-Staff outside 30 mile service area - $3.00/mile one way
- Transportation requiring 2-Staff outside 30 mile service area - $4.50/mile one way
- Transportation requiring a ferry (not including ferry toll) - $150 per round trip
- Transportation requiring a ferry to the San Juan Islands (not including ferry toll) - $350 per round trip
Additional goods and services, including a selection of caskets and urns may be purchased at a 15% discount from the General Price List of the chosen People’s Memorial Contracted Funeral Home.
These contractual prices are in effect until June 30, 2023, but may be raised if gasoline prices exceed $5 per gallon.