People's Memorial Association amidst COVID-19
To our members and community,
As the pandemic of the coronavirus continues to disrupt our lives, we want to let you know that People’s Memorial will support our members and community in any way that we are able.
We are monitoring information about the pandemic in our service area, as provided by the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control, and local and state public health authorities. As the conditions change, we will act accordingly to protect our staff and the families that they serve.
At this time, our Seattle office remains open. However, People’s Memorial Association and The Co-op Funeral Home are making the following adjustments:
- We ask that anyone needing to visit the office please make an appointment, so we know to expect you and to ensure we don’t have too many people congregated at any one time.
- If you are visiting the office, please wear a mask covering your nose and mouth.
- We will delay any non-essential in-person interactions.
- We are encouraging staff and our client families to conduct as much of their conversations and arrangements as possible online and by phone.
- We have decided to cancel all in-person events and presentations and will move all possible programming online.
- Staff may choose to work from home.
- Should staff develop symptoms, we have committed to notifying each other and conducting work online rather than in-person.
We know you have questions and the best way to contact the People's Memorial Association membership office is through email, as our phone availability is limited in light of these measures. To reach PMA by email, contact email@example.com.
Cooperatives are about community, solidarity, and mutual aid. At this historic moment for our region and the nation, we need to make sure that we keep our community strong. We will be providing more information about our efforts on our website and through our newsletter.
We hope everyone stays well and finds the support that they need.
~The Staff of People’s Memorial Association and The Co-op Funeral Home.