Burial Plans & Prices
People's Memorial contracted funeral homes offer the full range of burial options, from simple burial to a complete funeral with viewing, chapel service, hearse and graveside service. Ask the funeral director about customizing the arrangements to make them most meaningful for you, while respecting your budget. **Please note there is special pricing for our partnering funeral home in Central Washington. These contractual prices are in effect from July 1, 2021 until June 30, 2023.
Embalming is not required by law. You can only be buried in a licensed cemetery (not on your own land). Cemeteries can dictate size/type of monument.
Plan 3: Simple Burial without Graveside Service $1,425
- Basic cloth-covered casket
- Delivery of casketed remains on Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM to a cemetery in the local service area
- Does not include a graveside service
Plan 4: Simple Burial with Graveside Service $1,825
- All of the above plus coordination of a graveside service
Plan 5: Full Mortuary Services with Basic Casket $2,725
- Basic cloth-covered casket
- The following services as requested:
- Embalming, dressing, cosmetology
- Use of chapel and/or viewing facilities
- Coordinating services at funeral chapel Monday through Friday 9 AM to 5 PM
- Handling of flowers
- Delivering casketed remains to a cemetery in the local service area
- This plan does not include a procession or graveside service. Add a graveside service $400
Plan 6: Full Mortuary Services with Metal Casket $3,125
- Basic 20-gauge metal casket plus all of the above services as requested.
Included in Burial Plans:
- Pick-up and transportation of the deceased at any hour of the day or night within 30 miles of funeral home
- *The $60 PMA Board Approved Premium implemented between July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023
- Sheltering of remains and refrigeration
- Conference with survivors for arrangements
- Procurement and filing death certificate
- Notification of social security
NOT included in these plans:
- Sales tax and county fees
- Certified copies of death certificate (funeral home will file the original and assist with ordering certified copies at cost)
- Transportation outside the 30 mile service area
- Ferry or bridge tolls
- Newspaper obituaries
- Honoraria for clergy, celebrant or musicians
- Other cash advance items
* The PMA Board of Directors and Contracts Committee has extended to our contracted funeral homes the option to add a $60 premium to the cost of any PMA Plan for cremation or burial. PMA member families may be charged this premium on funeral services provided between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023. This premium is in response to rising gas prices, inflation, and labor shortages that both our state and country are experiencing.
Additional Goods and Services Available:
- Private family viewing of unembalmed remains - $300
- Saturday/holiday service fee - $350
- Evening viewing or ceremony fee - $200
- Plus-size removal, cremation or burial per each 100 lbs or fraction over 300 lbs. - $300
- Procession and/or Graveside service following Plan 5 or 6 (does not include cost of motorcycle escort) - $400
- Transportation requiring 1-Staff outside 30 mile service area - $3.00/mile one way
- Transportation requiring 2-Staff outside 30 mile service area - $4.50/mile one way
- Transportation requiring a ferry (not including ferry toll) - $150 per round trip
- Transportation requiring a ferry to the San Juan Islands (not including ferry toll) - $350 per round trip
Additional goods and services, including a selection of caskets may be purchased at a 15% discount from the General Price List of the chosen People’s Memorial Contracted Funeral Home.
These contractual prices are in effect until June 30, 2023, but may be raised if gasoline prices exceed
$5 per gallon.