People's Memorial provides forms to make it easier for you to be organized and prepared when a death occurs. Be sure to discuss your wishes with your next-of-kin and let them know where your original documents are filed.
- The PMA Checklist helps you get your ducks in a row.
- The Disposition Authorization & Vital Statistics is the most important form for making your funeral choices. This document can be given to the funeral home when a death occurs. It has been updated to include the recently legalized options, alkaline hydrolysis and natural organic reduction.
- Disposition Authorization notes your choice of cremation or burial as well as where you choose as your final resting place. Complete the form online, print, sign, and keep with your important papers.
- Vital Statistics contains all the information needed for the death certificate.
- The Designated Agent form is used to authorize a specific person to direct your funeral arrangements. A Designated Agent is like a Power of Attorney for funeral arrangements. This form may be particularly important if you have no living blood relatives.
For in-person education about end of life arrangements, consider attending one of our popular Ducks in a Row workshops.
PMA's Document Storage Service
For a one-time fee of $25, we will store your funeral planning documents electronically with your member record. We will scan your completed paperwork and return the originals to you (or you may send us your scanned forms via email). Upon your death, next-of-kin should tell the funeral home of your choice that you are a PMA member and all paperwork is on file with PMA. That funeral home will then have access to the electronic documents.