Skip to main content

The gift of being prepared

Member Forms

People's Memorial provides the following forms to make it easier for you to be organized and prepared when a death occurs. Be sure to discuss your wishes with your next-of-kin and let them know where your original documents are filed. 

For in-person education about end of life arrangements, consider attending one of our popular Ducks in a Row workshops.

Download the Checklist of end of life arrangements.

Download the Disposition Authorization & Vital Statistics.  The most important forms for making your funeral choices and sharing them with the funeral home when a death occurs. 

  • Disposition Authorization notes your choice of cremation or burial as well as where you choose as your final resting place. Complete the form online, print, sign, and keep with your important papers. To be presented to the funeral home when making arrangements after a death occurs.
  • Vital Statistics contains all the information needed for the death certificate.

Download the Designated Agent form.  Authorize a specific person to direct your funeral arrangements. A Designated Agent is like a Power of Attorney for funeral arrangements. This form may be particularly important if you have no living blood relatives.

Download the Dear Family Letter.  Tells your next of kin what advance directives, estate plans, funeral plans, bank and retirement accounts etc. you may have.

PMA's Document Storage Service

For a fee of $25, we will store your funeral planning documents electronically with your member record until your death. We will scan your completed paperwork and return the originals to you (or you may send us your scanned forms via email). Upon your death, next-of-kin should tell the funeral home of your choice that you are a PMA member and all paperwork is on file with PMA. Your funeral home of choice will have access to the electronic documents.

If you are interested in submitting your cremation or burial paperwork, please complete the Document Storage form and submit to our office with your completed planning documents.