People's Memorial Association Newsletters
2018 Newsletter 2017 Newsletter 2016 Newsletter 2015 Newsletter
People's Memorial Association In the News
- Agewise King County posts the Funeral Consumer Alliance and People's Memorial Funeral Home Price Survey press release. (January 2016)
- Northwest Cooperative Development Center featured People’s Memorial Funeral Cooperative on the front cover of its newsletter (Winter, 2009)
- Rick Anderson of the Seattle Weekly writes an article entitled The Sliding Cost of Dying on the PEOPLE’S MEMORIAL 2009 Funeral Home Price Survey. (Oct 5, 2009)
- Connie Thompson from KOMO 4 News warns consumers about the pitfalls of prepayment, but encourages preplanning for funerals. She recommends the PMA Funeral Home Price Survey as a resource to consumers. (July 3, 2008 )
- The Oregonain Live has a posting from December 7, 2007 reporting on the King County Cremation Tax.
- Seattle Times article on the King County cremation tax. Article announces effort by People’s Memorial Assocation to get the tax repealed. (December 7, 2007)
- In the Seattle Times column Aging Deliberately, Liz Taylor writes a three-week series about the funeral industry and how to be proactive in planning your funeral. She refers to People’s Memorial Association, and People’s Memorial Funeral Cooperative. November 12, 2007; November 19, 2007; November 26, 2007.
- The Funeral Industry publication, Mortuary Management includes an article regarding the 2007 Funeral Home Price Survey (September 2007)
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer article in Business Section on People’s Memorial Funeral Cooperative and 2007 Funeral Home Price Survey. (July 10, 2007)
- The industry publication, Funeral Monitor has a headlining article regarding the opening of People’s Memorial Funeral Cooperative. It is followed with an editorial wake-up call to the funeral industry. (July 9, 2007)
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer article on Home Funerals. (March 2007)
- Press Release of the Day on The Stranger website (March 2007)
- As noted by the Seattle Times (November 2004), People’s Memorial Association produced its 2004 Washington State Funeral Price Survey of funeral homes.
- Seattle Times story on “How to Plan Your Own Funeral” (March 2004) recommends People’s Memorial Association.
- In her column, Growing Older, Seattle Times writer Liz Taylor writes about People’s Memorial Association. (March 2003)