Thank you for expressing interest in working with People's Memorial Association.
People's Memorial Association does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Please apply by filling in your information at the bottom of this page and uploading your cover letter and resume
We currently have the following job opportunity available:
Membership & Development Director
Job Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary Range: $50,000-$55,000
Competitive Benefits Package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Parking or Public Transportation Pass, and Retirement Plan
The Membership & Development Director of People’s Memorial Association (PMA) will lead fundraising and membership growth efforts including cultivating donor relationships and promoting membership satisfaction and growth. They will be responsible for Fundraising, Marketing, Communications, and Management of the PMA membership. Working with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors, the Membership Director is responsible for raising $225,000 in annual revenue, and is accountable to the Executive Director and the membership of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fundraising & Resource Development
- Create and execute a strategic yearly annual fund development plan for the organization, and act upon it both in the strategic and the tactic level
- Manage all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship including relationship management, campaigns, appeals and events.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with major and corporate donors, and business partners in the community.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and serve as liaison to the board to plan and carry out all development activities.
- Membership Development
- Oversee all aspects of building membership statewide, including planning and executing presentations and tabling at relevant events, to interested groups
- Build Business Membership program with employers and unions.
- Oversee and manage surveys to Members and non-members.
- Respond to inquiries from current and prospective members and track results.
- Ensure PMA’s membership database functions optimally for the organization.
Marketing and Outreach:
- Lead all of PMA’s membership and donor-facing communications and marketing efforts, and The Co-op Funeral Home’s marketing and advertising activities including: Direct mail and email appeals, Monthly E-Newsletter, Social Media, website content, etc.
- Create and execute a strategic annual marketing plan, consistent with the organization’s goals and budget.
- Contacts organizations, employers, and interest groups to offer the services of the People’s Memorial Association and increase membership
- Schedules and coordinates the organization in conferences, conventions and events, creates relationships with related service providers in the community
- Creates opportunities to further market the Association’s services and increase the diversity of its members
- Maintain responsibility for two annual events (Fundraising Donor event, and the Annual Membership Meeting) from conception to execution.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and market educational workshops
Board of Directors and Volunteer Management
- Act as a liaison with the Board in regard to membership and fundraising activities
- Manage PMA’s volunteers and make sure they remain engaged and involved with the organization
- Coordinate the biennial Price Survey and provide analysis to the Contract Committee
- Participate in organizational administrative tasks, occasionally answer incoming phone calls and providing information and resources
- Other duties as apply
Working Conditions and physical requirements
- The work is normally performed in an office environment, within regular office hours and occasional after-hours meetings and events. Periodic regional travel is required.
- Leadership experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment. Experience in and understanding of board-staff relationships, financial management, and fund development strategies
- BA/ MA in business administration/ marketing/ Public Policy – strongly desirable
- Previous experience managing organizational marketing efforts – a plus
- Representative and eloquent. Public speaking experience in front of diverse populations – a plus
- Experience managing volunteers and keeping them engaged and committed
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, required;
- CRM and database experience (Salesforce, Little Green Light, Raiser’s Edge, Firespring) preferred;
- Outgoing and friendly personality, ability to create and sustain relationships with team members, donors, volunteers, and constituents
- Familiarity with the subject matter of death and pre-death arrangements. Empathy, Cross-cultural literacy, humility, and sensitivity
- Team player, capable of offering emotional and practical support to others and work with them collaboratively
- The Membership & Development Director reports to the Executive Director, supervises an Administrative Assistant, and works closely with the board and other volunteers to implement the activities outlined above.