Thank you for expressing interest in working with People's Memorial Association.
You can always make a difference for our organization by volunteering. Visit our Volunteer page to discover opportunities that may be of interest to you.
People's Memorial Association does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Position Available: Administrative Assistant
(7/2/2018, we are scheduling interviews and are no longer accepting applicants at this time)
Job Classification: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Membership Director
Salary Range: $20-$21/hour
Competitive Benefits Package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, and Retirement Plan
Supports the daily operation and staff of the Association and The Co-op Funeral Home by providing customer service to members, families and the general public, as well as undertaking administrative duties and volunteer coordination.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Front desk: act as the first point of contact for clients, families, and visitors. Greet them and make them feel comfortable, regardless of their emotional state
- Phone service: answer phone calls for the Association, providing information and problem solving. When needed, direct to relevant staff members
- Office management: handle incoming and outgoing mail, manage housekeeping, oversee proper inventory of office supplies and other equipment, and submit purchase requests to Business Manager
- Work in collaboration with the business manager and membership director providing support to operational processes as needed including processing new membership applications and sending out new member packets weekly
- Communicate with property manager for ongoing needs
- Process weekly mailings to existing members as requested
- Process monthly case logs from contracted funeral homes. Prepare survey mailings to families; compile surveys in Survey Monkey
- Other duties as apply
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
The work is normally performed in an office environment, within regular office hours. Some occasional heavy lifting may be required
- Strong customer service skills, patience, empathy, and ability to maintain composure across various situations;
- Courteous, friendly, and calm demeanor;
- Ability and desire to work in collaboration as part of a team, and offer practical and emotional support to team members;
- Flexibility – ability to multi-task, adapt to new situations and to solve problems as they emerge;
- Background in office management and/or administrative support. Understanding of office-related work processes and ability to apply previous knowledge to current environment;
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, required;
- CRM and database experience (Salesforce, Little Green Light, Raiser’s Edge) preferred;
- Knowledge of regional geography desirable; and,
- Notary preferred, or must be certified within 21 days of hire.