A Virtual Fundraiser Benefiting PMA
Dearly departed... we will gather on October 24th for an evening of gravely serious trivia. Start the night out by mixing your creepy cocktail or mocktail using one of the recipes below! Print out these Halloween-themed flags to decorate your backdrop for the night of the event!
Not a mourning person? No problem - it doesn't start until 6:00 pm Pacific time. Treat yourself to a safe and spooky night in and register by clicking this link!
So get your teams together (or not... we'll take care of that for you!) and start thinking outside the box... you don't want to miss this opportunity to urn your bragging rites!
When: October 24, 2020 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm Pacific Time
Where: Virtually through Zoom from the comfort of your own home!
Who can attend: The living! Appropriate for all ages.
How to attend: Register by clicking this link. Upon registration, you will receive a Zoom link to use the night of the event. There is a $10 fee per household and we appreciate any additional gifts to continue serving our community!
** Please note a few things: You will be asked to create a Zoom account if you don't already have one. We appreciate you taking the time to do this - allowing only "authenticated users" provides a layer of security. We will spend the first few minutes of the event organizing teams so you don't need to do anything at this point to get them set up. Meaning, if you're joining as an individual or want to be on a team with your friends in another household, we'll take care of that on the night of the event. If you choose to include a donation upon registration (thank you!!) you will be asked to share the name of the second ticket holder - simply fill in your name again. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special guests Katrina Spade, Caitlin Doughty, Joél Anthony, and Michael Hebb will be joining us!!
Creepy Cocktail Recipes
Grab the ingredients needed for one of these Halloween inspired drinks and mix one up the night of the event. This is a small way we can be in community together!
Sangria is great because it's simple and you can make the base of the drink the day before the event. We recommend you add the club soda, fruit, and ice just before enjoying!
Servings: 6 cups
Recipe from The Seasoned Mom
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 bottle cabernet sauvignon (or other red wine of your choice)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/8 cup orange liqueur (such as Triple Sec or Grand Marnier)
- 12 ounces club soda, chilled
- 1 orange thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
1. Bring sugar and 1/2 cup of water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes.
2. Combine sugar mixture, red wine, orange juice, and liqueur in a large container; cover and chill 4 hours. Stir in club soda, oranges, and blackberries just before serving. Serve over ice.
Haunted Orchard Cocktail
This cocktail is a little bit sweet with a kick from the sparkles in the hard cider. Simply adjust the portion of each ingredient if you're enjoying these with a friend (or two).
Servings: 1 drink
Recipe from Half Baked Harvest
- Cinnamon sugar, for rim (optional)
- 1 1/2 ounces sliver tequila
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 5 ounces sparkling hard cider
- cinnamon stick and apple slices, for garnish
1. Rim a cocktail glass with cinnamon sugar.
2. In a cocktail shaker, combine the tequila, lemon juice, maple syrup, ginger, and cinnamon, shake to combine. Strain into prepared glass. Top with hard cider. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and apple slices.
P.S. Leave out the tequila and choose non-alcoholic sparkling cider to make this one a mocktail or kid-friendly!