When death occurs, contact the PEOPLE’S MEMORIAL contracted funeral home of your choice. You may call the funeral home directly or use our statewide time of death phone line 1-888-PMA-2PMA (1-888-762-2762) to reach the funeral home of your choosing.
- Funeral home will pick up the body when you are ready. There is no rush if you want the funeral home to wait awhile.
- On the next business day, make an appointment to meet with the funeral director and complete arrangements.
- Bring to the funeral home any completed funeral planning forms such as: Disposition Authorization, Designated Agent or Putting My House in Order. Also bring military discharge paperwork if wishing to access VA benefits.
- Make payment arrangements with funeral home at time of arrangements.
- The Death Certificate must be signed by the physician, filed with the health department and cause of death reviewed by the medical examiner or coroner before any cremation or burial may occur.
- The funeral home will order certified copies of the death certificate for you if you wish, please understand that it may be 5 to 10 business days before they are available.
- If cremation has been chosen, you may pick up the urn of ashes from the funeral home in 5-10 business days.